The Metamorphosis


Friday, June 24, 2005


Professional

My professional life is always suppressed by my social skills. I rarely relate to people professionaly, I ususally make friends and then work with them. The possitive side is obvious, I am working in my comfort zone. No competition, not enough! aggretion and a perfect work environment. No complain, I've been always paid to walk on the edge of technology. But, is it enough? What happens to my profession down the road? Am I always want to work in window-less offices as a ... ... ... Design Engineer?
...
The last time that my social and professional sides were fighting was when I was interviewing a candidate much older than myself. I was wondering if I have to chat with him and let him talk about his experiences and his life or hammer him with all technical questions to write a neat and professional evaluation sheet. What if he gets offended? What if he gets offended and then get hired as my coleague? I still get blame from my old students because I was serious when I was grading their homeworks. May be it is time to let my professional side plays a little bit. If the social side get suppressed he can always write in this weblog?




|

........................................................................................

Comments: Post a Comment

Home